Poll: International allocation

54.5% Equity - 43% Bond - 2.5% cash

Equity is 2:1, US:Int'l

Not retired, but close. 60+

60/40% stocks/bonds

After thoughtful analysis for me: 0% allocation to foreign stocks

After thoughtful analysis for you: it's up to you and your situation and psychological makeup.

About 13% of my total equities are in ACWI ex US. I'm neither adding nor removing. Ultimately, I'll likely reduce those to at or near zero, but it may take 5 to 10 years. Just not excited about international stocks.

OTOH, I don't want to make any big moves out of international, because that will absolutely guarantee that they outperform US by 20% over the next year.

60/40% stocks/bonds

After thoughtful analysis for me: 0% allocation to foreign stocks

After thoughtful analysis for you: it's up to you and your situation and psychological makeup.

Right, the historical math probably says to stay U.S. Psychologically for me, anyway, there are no guarantees about the future and the opportunity for much greater diversification so easily and inexpensively is too much to pass up. At times when I have been 100% U.S. I didn't sleep as well, so 30% international feels better. Right or wrong, I need to sleep well.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I'm 100% stock, 45% int. This is relatively close to correct cap weighting

Veu, vss, and vwo

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I'm hoping that my international position continues to pick up after many weak years:banghead: 75% US Equity, 15% Int Equity, 10% Bonds/Cash

I like portfolio that sits at roughly the historical sweet spot balancing volatility and total return.

70-US/30-International

33% Vtiax; 67% vtsax on our 60% equity side. 18% of bonds are non-us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ages 71/70. Vanguard funds only, overwhelmingly index.

Overall AA 45/50/5. Int equity currently 20% of total equity. Intend to maintain it in 20-25% range. Only Int bonds are the slivers that show up in Total Bond Index and Wellesley.

Back
Top Bottom