Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Average increase 21% or more and no experience with claim payments

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Average increase 21% or more and good experience with claim payments

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Average increase 21% or more and bad experience with claim payments

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You could have a higher risk class than the preferred rates you see on ehealth or the policy you have could be filed under an old plan number since it's grandfathered, while the new plans have to comply with the laws. Grandfathered plans will probably have big rate increases in the future because there are no new people entering into the pool.

I appreciate this info as I just got my annual 12% increase. Three out of four years the same. I changed to a higher deductible last year to lower the monthly rate so my plan is not grandfathered. I called the company yesterday as they sent a letter saying I could change back to the old grandfathered plan if I wanted. In talking with them they suggested I stay on the new policy as it has many more benefits than the old due to the law requirements. With that I was very happy as the rate increase was the standard but I actually got better benefits like expanded preventive care, no life time maximums, etc. I am liking the changes so far as they apply to our situation.

I did wonder if I should change back but the above quoted advice makes sense so I will just stay with the new plan and better benefits.

Back
Top Bottom