Pope Benedict XVI gets it: Retires early

And no, he does not get to keep the red shoes. But the helicopter ride was a nice way to go!

Last edited:
And no, he does not get to keep the red shoes. But the helicopter ride was a nice way to go!

I left my work boots and luminous yellow raincoat behind on my last day, and I departed in a Prius, not a helicopter.

Seriously, I am surprised more popes have not retired under the demands of world travel

Wonder how much rent his successor will charge him to live at the Vatican?

The Vatican City is currently ranked 418 out of 780 places (rank 1 is most expensive: rank 780 is least expensive).
Household Accommodation costs are average compared to other places for items such as apartment purchase, mortgage rate, rental, and utilities. There are 387 places that are more expensive, and 392 places that are less expensive for household accommodation.
Benchmark rental for a secure upmarket unfurnished apartment (3 bedrooms) is USD$3,047 in a central location, and USD$1,552 in a suburban location, per month, excluding utilities.

Vatican City - cost of living

I heard he plans to get a kitty cat now that he is retired as he wasn't allowed to have a pet before as the Pope.

I heard he plans to get a kitty cat now that he is retired as he wasn't allowed to have a pet before as the Pope.

Kind of sad he was not allowed to have a pet. Then again, if I were pope, you would all be praying to St. Copper to intercede for you in matters involving the outdoors and large game.

Back
Top Bottom