Pork 6¢ per pound.....

Goonie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We ventured out into the sleet and freezing rain this afternoon to attend a hammered-dulcimer concert. It was a nice afternoon of music....free of charge!

Afterwards, we went to a fund-raising benefit for an old friend of mine who has cancer. I bought a raffle ticket for a half of a pig, for $5. About an hour ago my friend's sister called to tell me I had won it! So I drove back down to the community hall to retrieve 85 pounds of pork....butchered & wrapped! A couple of hams, LOTS of pork chops, a bunch of sausage (links, patties, bulk), roasts, ribs, a bit o' bacon, and a couple other assorted odds and ends.

Let's see.....85# for the cost of a $5 ticket......hmmmm, about 6¢ per pound! How's that for frugality?! :D

There is a word for such unexpected but pleasant happenings. But I can't think of it right now. When nice things just materialize....what is that word? (I need to exercise my brain more):-\

And here i was thinking Ceylon was the island of Serindip and wiki claims it's Sri Lanka - but now learn the Ceylon is Sri Lanka. Now there's a bit of unexpected knowledge - how.... serendipitous. As RR says, serendipitous that your good act on behalf of your friend had an unexpected benefit!

Back
Top Bottom