Potential Bug in Ventura OS 16.1

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Not sure if this is exclusive to my Mac or is a widespread issue, but after updating to OS 16.1 yesterday afternoon, I am not able to upload pictures to the internet or my email. It takes me to my photo library for the upload, but the picture I want to upload cannot be selected. I do not recall ever having a feature disabled or broken by an Apple OS update, so this is a first for me.

I assume you mean MacOS 13.1 Ventura. You're probably confusing it with the iOS 16.2 update that also came out.

I also upgraded all my Apple devices yesterday after the round of updates.

There is definitely something wrong with uploading pictures on the Mac, but I am able to eventually upload. In my case, the photo selection process (using photos stored in the Mac Photos app) will not select the specific picture I want. When I click on a picture it will select a picture to the left or below in the selection set. It may take a click or two to get one to select, but one eventually does select. It seems that if I click on the lower half of a photo, it will selection one below the one I want. If I click on the right half of a photo, one to the right of that will selection. Results can be varied by changing the size of the selection window. It is weird and definitely a bug. I wonder if there is a way to return the selection window to the default size to see if that fixes the problem. I don't see a way to do that however. I have expanded the size of my selection window since I use a large screen.

Edited to add: Also, if you first open the Mac Photos app, you can probably drag and drop the desired photo where you want it. I was surprised that I was even able to drag and drop a photo into the ERF screen for upload. Go to the point where it gives you 3 buttons to upload a picture. Then drag and drop a photo on to one of the buttons. The second picture below was uploaded via that drag and drop approach.

Edited to add more: After playing around with various apps trying to load pictures into them (mine all work, for the most part), I returned here to ERF and tried again, it seems to be working fine now. No idea what I did or how long it will last, but mine is normal again for picture selection on this website.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Like you, when trying to select it would select a different picture, however, I am unable to drag anything for uploading.

Like you, when trying to select it would select a different picture, however, I am unable to drag anything for uploading.

I can drag a photo from inside the Mac Photos app (or from Finder or my Desktop) on to this window that pops up from ERF. In this example, I dropped the photo directly on the first "Choose File" button and it attached fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 1.20.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 1.20.49 PM.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 10
I also upgraded yesterday to Ventura 13.1 (build 22C65) and so far everything is working normally.

I also upgraded yesterday to Ventura 13.1 (build 22C65) and so far everything is working normally.

Have you tried upload a photo from your library on here?

OK, I exported the pic from my photo library to my pictures and was able to add it here. Nevertheless, the normal ability to upload directly from the Photo Library has been lost.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 9
I restarted my Mac and now everything is good:

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    756.1 KB · Views: 9
I always update soon as the new versions are out. Updated the OS soon as it came out both the MacBook Pro's and iPhones. All seems to work fine.

QKpyq68l.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I spoke too soon, problem is back again this morning, so frustrating.

Update: started up in safe mode and that hopefully resolved this issue for good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom