Presidential Candidate Incomes

Arc

Recycles dryer sheets
Hard to believe they are looking out for the little guy when they have:

Clinton - 2006 Income = $12.1 M / Net Worth of $34.9 M

Edwards - 2006 Income = $3.7 M / Net Worth of $54.7 M

Giuliani - 2006 Income = $17 M / Net Worth of $52.3 M

McCain - 2006 Income = $3.9 M / Net Worth of $40.4M

Obama - 2006 Income = $991K / Net Worth of $1.3M (and this small potato wants to be my pres!)

Romney - 2006 Income = $37.6 M / Net Worth of $202M (wonder what it will be after he drops out?)
(Also that's a SWR of $8M)

Thompson - 2006 Income = $9.4 M / Net Worth of $8.3M (how much did he spend last year?)

With all that wealth - why put yourself through hell? The lust for power is a funny thing!

All figures courtesy of the 1/08 edition of Money Magazine - the paper version. Couldn't find the electronic version or would have provided the link.

Last edited:
Note that the common thread running through their incomes is either law or banking.

And net worth of the spouse isn't specified...........

... Obama - 2006 Income = $991K / Net Worth of $1.3M (and this small potato wants to be my pres!)...

He doesn't need money when he can tap Oprah for unlimited wealth. I'm sure he'll also make millions on more book deals like everyone else. Oprah will love his book even before he writes it.

Wouldn't it be really funny if he also tapped Oprah to be his running mate? Either way, if he wins, she'll be the only person in the country with her own president.

I guess we can see that public service brings wealth!

Successful people make money... or is it that money makes successful people?

I don't think they pursue this "j*b" for the pay.

Maybe not but the $200,000 for life presidential pension is not too bad.

How did McCain get so wealthy?

pssst....beer

"In 1955, James Hensley opened his business with 15 workers in a small brick building downtown. The company sold 73,000 cases of Anheuser-Busch beer and held a 6 percent market share during its first year of business. Today, it counts more than 650 employees, sells nearly 23 million cases annually and racks up annual sales of about $340 million with about a 60 percent market share. The Phoenix wholesale beer distributorship was inherited by Cindy McCain, wife of Republican presidential contender Sen. John McCain, is frequently mentioned in media accounts about the couple...The couple's four children own 23 percent of the company through trusts. [also reported as part of McCain's net worth while they are dependants]"

Here's an analysis: McCain's wife controls family's riches - MSN Money

Last edited:
Proof positive that you can't become President unless you are wealthy..........

Proof positive that you can't become President unless you are wealthy..........

I would disagree - Obama has done really well given his "meager" net worth.

At least he's a vanguard guy - I might just give him my vote after all! ;)

Back
Top Bottom