Pretty much retired for over a year...

Ian S

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
(just turned 63) but have not started to draw on any SS, pension or IRA's. This site seems to have a wealth of info on the various approaches to optimizing income for the retirement years and I'm looking forward to digging into it. I do get a lot of invites to lunch/dinner for presentations on retirement strategies and wonder if they are worth the time or are simply investment adviser marketing ploys.

I have been to a few 'free' diners. They are sales presentations, relatively painless, and actually free.

After you get the information, go home and validate it.

I have been to a few 'free' diners. They are sales presentations, relatively painless, and actually free.

After you get the information, go home and validate it.

After you get the information, go home and throw it away.

Then be prepared for follow up calls.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Go eat the free dinner and don't get any information. That way you aren't tempted. :)

Ain't no free lunch, or dinner either. If you go just realize the dinner is a marketing tactic. Some folks like this stuff, my FIL/MIL used to go to any free timeshare pitches, FAs..... take their free stays/meals and laugh all the way home.

My Father & Mother used to take the free bus trips to Atlantic City, walk along the boardwalk, have the free buffet, then cash in the $30.00 in chips and go home!

Ain't no free lunch, or dinner either. If you go just realize the dinner is a marketing tactic. Some folks like this stuff, my FIL/MIL used to go to any free timeshare pitches, FAs..... take their free stays/meals and laugh all the way home.

Has anybody received an invitation from Personal Capital? I live in the bay area, and they invite d me to a yaht cruise in SF - Wine, Hors d'Oeuvres and dancing to some live bands, it says..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom