Processed versus unprocessed meats

Made me wonder about all the other variables. For example I was exposed to chloradane, back in the 70s-80s in the lumber industry. Did it hurt me? I have chronic migraines, one symptom. Who knows, I don't. Multitude of other nasty stuff that today is also not used. As a kid I remember chasing the DDT trucks. What did that do?

I'll chance some bacon.
MRG

Mark Sisson lumped in prosciutto with salame and pepperoni. Does he know how the first is made compared to the latter two? Makes me wonder.

Besides being more of a whole food (it's not chopped up, cooked and pushed into shape), prosciutto has a strong flavor so one only needs a few slices to experience its wonderful effects. :) The prosciutto sandwiches I had in Italy had a wonderful bun, two to three slices max of prosciutto, tomato, and a good cheese. When all the ingredients are of good quality, one doesn't need to pile up the fixings to make a good sandwich.

My butcher has bacon cut right off the pig. Fits in with Paleo nicely. no added junk.

It's not 'bacon' until it is processed. When it is cut off the pig, it is 'pork belly', 'fatback', or 'pork loin'. It will at least be salt-cured.

-ERD50

It's not 'bacon' until it is processed. When it is cut off the pig, it is 'pork belly', 'fatback', or 'pork loin'. It will at least be salt-cured.

-ERD50

There is another name, delicious.
MRG

I think the low salt diet is one of the healthiest diets because it pretty much eliminates processed food.

Hey Helen. I'm low salt (500mg/day) and WFPB.

Back
Top Bottom