Product review: FURminator

I bought one for our cats and one for our dog a couple weeks ago, and yeah, this thing really sucks the loose fur out of the coat.

I saw these at PetSmart and wondered if they were good. Did you get the medium size?

I saw these at PetSmart and wondered if they were good. Did you get the medium size?

Got the medium. We're talking serious hair/fur. 11 pound, black, long hair, double coat.

I have been using the medium size furminator on my long-hair tortoiseshell cat for a few months. It works great! Fewer knots and fewer fur balls. I wouldn't say that the cat likes it as much as a traditional brush, but she tolerates it long enough for me to extract a few handfuls of loose fur at a time...

My sister has one & we tried it out - it worked pretty well, but i have to recommend our favorite:
Brass Upholstery Brush

It's a brass upholstery brush that looks like the above - ended up with a couple of them when i bought out a pro rug cleaner to get his Ninja carpet cleaner. We brush our cats with them and they remove more hair faster than the furminator plus they are amazing at removing cat hair from cloth upholstery - or clothing! Hint: you will know it if you stick yourself with the bristle ends - Fluffy will feel the same way if you poke her.

I have been using them for years. They work great on my dogs. It pulls enough hair each week off my Leonberger to generate a small dog.

I recommend it too. Great thing although our cats aren't 100% happy with being brushed.

Back
Top Bottom