Purdue Pharma going bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe at some point, we can put all pharmacies that sell opioids out of business. The doctors that prescribe them too. That will teach them!

At a minimum, this will increase insurance costs for pharmacies and doctors. And ultimately increase healthcare costs. All because some people abuse the drugs, likely illegal ones.

I wonder how many of those 400K were taking illegal drugs, that were not prescribed to them. At least they died doing something that they love.

I wonder how many of those 400K were taking illegal drugs, that were not prescribed to them. At least they died doing something that they love.

Make it 399,999 as my daughter that died of opioid addiction while at college at 22 years old and was not taking illegal drugs. If I could have found the doctor that loaded her up with these deadly pills I would probably still be in prison.

I'm just too old to understand... time to hang up the keyboard.

With tens to hundreds of billions of dollars being sued, and maybe 400,000 dead because of the what the drug companies may have been responsible for, ...and just as many people and their families who will suffer for the rest of their lives...

...Why will not one dollar go to any victim?

The general media discussions indicate that almost all of the monies will go into the general coffers of the states....General coffers meaning that the legislators may use the money for anything, roads, payrolls, and even government travel and entertainment.

I know it doesn't matter, because that's the way life works... but I wish at least that they could spend a few dollars for flowers on the graves of the dead.

... not likely.

Interesting discussion on health, though.

Because this was a nuisance claim...a nuisance claim to the community as a whole. The remedy is not to make the victims "whole", it is to mitigate the nuisance which in law is called an "abatement"...the remedy is to stop the nuisance. The money isn't going into the state "coffers", it is earmarked LINE BY LINE for expenses for this mitigation for a single year. This accounting can be seen in the ruling.

Folks should actually read the ruling, it's quite insightful and presents the facts in a logical, easy to follow manner. It highlights *why* the pharmaceuticals were found to be liable and what lengths they went to in order to play down the addiction issue with these drugs.

in 2015, there were 326 MILLION opioid pills prescribed in the state of Oklahoma ALONE. That is enough for EVERY SINGLE RESIDENT to have 110 pills EACH.

No we just abandon personal responsibility. every thing is someone elses fault.

I had my left knee replaced, I was sent home with oxycotodine HCL and it was great, it allowed me to get through physical therapy successfully. I took it according to directions and never became addicted.
What pisses me off is that America has always had a drug issue and before not a thing was done because the people dying where not little johnny or jane.

Now it's an issue because middle class white america is addicted and now we have to find a scapegoat and people who actually need their medicine damn near have to go find a crack dealer in order to get it.

And now i'm supposed to get upset because they can't off of the needle?? they hypocrisy of this country is amazing

:mad::mad:
N

Yep-- it wasn't an issue as long as it was black people who were abusing the substance.

Thanks for the interesting discussion. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom