QYLD questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like just buying QQQ with some puts under it would be a better solution. You give up some upside (the cost of the puts) for downside protection, but the upside is unlimited. Writing calls you cap your upside for limited downside protection.

I understand people will have different goals, different risk tolerances, etc. But you have not told us what it is you are trying to achieve with QYLD.

This isn't about being 100% invested in anything, not sure why you bring that up. But every investor should be comparing the alternatives within their allocation, be it equities, fixed income, or cash.

If I'm looking into an equity, I compare it to equities, fixed to fixed, cash to cash. If I'm looking at something that is a hybrid, then I compare it to some blend. If that blend doesn't provide a risk adjusted return, then I'm not going to bother.

-ERD50
No. I don't think you do understand investors have different goals. Else, you would not be a broken record.

Post #22.

I am taking these tedious and lazy comparisons to their logical conclusion.

Yeah. No kidding. Hence blanket comparisons to QQQ, VTI are irrelevant. thanks for finally getting it.

I suggest you don't buy QYLD. Also suggest cease making apples to bowling balls comparisons.

Seems like just buying QQQ with some puts under it would be a better solution. You give up some upside (the cost of the puts) for downside protection, but the upside is unlimited. Writing calls you cap your upside for limited downside protection.

Might be. Lots of people don't want to nor know how to write puts or covered calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom