Ransomware in recent Ads

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
One of the most important things users can do is to decrease what researchers refer to as their "attack surface." That means uninstalling things like Adobe Flash, Oracle Java, Microsoft Silverlight, and other third-party browser extensions unless absolutely required.
Here is the full article: Big-name sites hit by rash of malicious ads spreading crypto ransomware [Updated] | Ars Technica

I also use Firefox with the Adblock Plus extension. Also have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (paid version which my current computer is grandfathered into).

Glad I use Ubuntu Linux, only Windows machines are vulnerable to this.

I had Ublock Origin running several months ago, On the one Windoze machine I have and on two Linux machines. All have Firefox as browsers. Ublock is great. Oh it is also on DW's laptop. I don't like ads on Linux either :)

Also from the article, "Windows users would also do well to install Windows 10 and use Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit."

Also from the article, "Windows users would also do well to install Windows 10 and use Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit."
Has anyone loaded this up? It sounds good but I am leery of beta products in my dotage.

I think the recommendation was for Ublock Origin (not Ublock which is different).

This is why we block ads at work.

I use Firefox w/ the uBlock Origin add-on. This is why I avoid Adblock Plus RIP: Adblock Plus
Thanks, Glenn.

I just now uninstalled Adblock Plus and Chrome (for other reasons) and installed UBlock on Firefox (which has improved to the point where I am happy to return to it).

Back
Top Bottom