Ravinia

Nice, I'll be in Chicago April 19-30 but that is too early for Ravinia, have to find something else to do then.

Do you do lawn seats or Pavilion?

We stopped going quite a few years ago. I don't even remember specifically why, but it just seemed that I didn't like lawn seats, between the crowd and so-so sound I'd rather stay home and listen to a CD. DW didn't like the Pavilion, she liked the casual picnic in the lawn approach.

And no, my offer of setting up the stereo outside and having a picnic in our back yard did not go over well.

The last concerts I've been at at Ravinia have been inside the small theater - Murray Hall, IIRC? Nice venue for an event that is not a large draw (usually my preference).

-ERD50

Do you do lawn seats or Pavilion?

We stopped going quite a few years ago. I don't even remember specifically why, but it just seemed that I didn't like lawn seats, between the crowd and so-so sound I'd rather stay home and listen to a CD. DW didn't like the Pavilion, she liked the casual picnic in the lawn approach.

And no, my offer of setting up the stereo outside and having a picnic in our back yard did not go over well.

The last concerts I've been at at Ravinia have been inside the small theater - Murray Hall, IIRC? Nice venue for an event that is not a large draw (usually my preference).

-ERD50
Lawn. We live close by (Northshore) and I have lots of family in the area, so we get together often for picnics there. Great fun. We all enjoy the venue and the fixins are the best.

Lawn. We live close by (Northshore) and I have lots of family in the area, so we get together often for picnics there. Great fun. We all enjoy the venue and the fixins are the best.

If I lived that close, I'm sure I'd want to drop in much more often. Enjoy, sounds like a great line-up!

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom