Renaming Apple Air Tags

RetireBy90

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So we got a deal and got 4 Apple AirTags. We used then for. Trip, one for each of our suitcases and carry on bags.
Now i use one for tha r, when I forget where I parked, and 2 for our suitcases.
My question is how can you rename the AirTags? We use them primarily as above, but would be nice to rename “backpack” to car or whatever it is being used for now.
Thanks for any suggestions. :cool:

I think you can do it in the Find My app on the phone under devices.

Otherwise it would be buried in settings somewhere, but I’ve changed names and think I did it with the above method.

So we got a deal and got 4 Apple AirTags. We used then for. Trip, one for each of our suitcases and carry on bags.
Now i use one for tha r, when I forget where I parked, and 2 for our suitcases.
My question is how can you rename the AirTags? We use them primarily as above, but would be nice to rename “backpack” to car or whatever it is being used for now.
Thanks for any suggestions. :cool:

I suggest Jonathan, Gideon, Granny Smith, and Paula Red.

Open Find My app, select Items, select tag to rename, scroll down to Rename Item. This was fresh in my mind because yesterday we first began using ours. Pretty neat gadget.

Open Find My app, select Items, select tag to rename, scroll down to Rename Item. This was fresh in my mind because yesterday we first began using ours. Pretty neat gadget.

Thanks, that worked for me. I hadn't scrolled down far enough :)

That is correct.
Rename Item is one of the choices.

I think you can do it in the Find My app on the phone under devices.

Otherwise it would be buried in settings somewhere, but I’ve changed names and think I did it with the above method.

That is correct.
Rename Item is one of the choices.

Yeah, I saw today that the option is under Items, not Devices.

I had to hunt down one of my sets of keys today. Had to walk around with my phone to find it.

Back
Top Bottom