Rent for 3 Months or So?

brett

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We do not plan to buy a second home. Rather, our preference at this point is to rent for three months and use the place as a base. Our list, based on past travels, currently includes Turkey, Greece, France, UK, Panama, Portugal, and perhaps somewhere Florida or Texas. Has anyone done this successfully. If so, any recommendations on local websites to find propertly rentals on the 'local' market. Where we go will in part determined by weather and by prevailing currency exchange rates. Our currency is quite strong now so trips to the US, UK, and Turkey are attractive to us.

There is a website, For Rent by Owner as I recall, that is global. The one issue worthy of consideration is that you are renting sight unseen. Were I you I might rent for a week in the area you want to be and then inspect properties.

We have used this many times and never had a bad experience. In fact we are in house right now for a month that we found through VRBO. We have also used VRBO for places in Spain, France, Canada and the island of Guadeloupe. We also plan on renting a place in England for 6 months next year and have already sussed out some good candidates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom