Resistance bands vs. Dumbbells

I agree about the breakage risk...I was going to mention it...I'm glad someone did. I wanted resistance bands for a while because someone recommended that I do pull-downs to balance out whatever exercise I was doing, but then I did research on breakage and it seemed a little too risky. I was considering those old chest expanders with springs for a while. I forgot why I decided against them. Maybe the ones I found seemed too unreliable. Direct from China or something.

I find springs on exercise equipment somewhat scary, too. Broken springs are even nastier than elastic.

For me - it's either free weights, gym-quality weight machines, or body weight resistance. (Of course almost anything can snap, if it's 2020...:D)

I was considering those old chest expanders with springs for a while. I forgot why I decided against them. Maybe the ones I found seemed too unreliable. Direct from China or something.

resistance bands are great for rehab, not for building muscle

i like kettlebells and TRX bands myself
I have a set of bands on back order from Rogue Fitness. One band has resistance of 200 pounds, although I'm not getting that one :LOL: I am getting a pair of 30#, a pair of 50#, and one 100#. With that much resistance you can build muscle and maintain your strength if you're away from the gym for an extended period.

The thing I don't like about the bands is that the resistance varies as you use them.
That can be a negative for some exercises but a positive for other movements.

Back
Top Bottom