Retirement age and age discrimination

The problem remains that while longevity has been extended, aging still proceeds at about the same pace.

That's one of the premises of this book I started a thread about earlier this year. Basically, be careful what you wish for.

Im looking at early retirement as kinda like a second shot at college life......Im being supported by my pension and investments at a subsistence level, what I choose to make out of the rest of it is gravy!

I don't know if you're half-kidding, but that's exactly how I view it! Time is the prize.

Im looking at early retirement as kinda like a second shot at college life......Im being supported by my pension and investments at a subsistence level, what I choose to make out of the rest of it is gravy!

The last time I was truly free the way I am now since I ERed nearly 3 years ago was in the 6 weeks between my last college final exam and when I started working full-time. So for me ER is a bit of a throwback to those fun 6 weeks.

Mu investment income more than covers my expenses, and that is without a pension (it is frozen) or SS or unfettered access to my IRA. Lots of gravy! :)

Back
Top Bottom