Retirement in the next 5-7 years...book recommendations for Retirement Planning?

NYC1967

Dryer sheet aficionado
HI,

My husband is looking to retire in about 5 years...will be 60 years old...I will be 59 at the time and will continue working till 62/63.

Any book recommendations that are easy to understand that talk about what funds to withdraw from and how to save on taxes in retirement?

thanks

I think there isn’t any sole source (book or website) that’ll give you a solid answer. You have to make the leap, do your best and adapt as needed.

That’s not to say there aren’t good resources that can help you think of things you hadn’t considered.

Here's what I used:

https://www.bogleheads.org/readbooks.htm

I chose four and read all of them carefully at least twice. Worked for me! And good for you to be learning about these things five years ahead of time!
I’ve also suggested that list many times. Some are a little dated but the fundamentals don’t change much.

Both Bogleheads guide to retirement and guide to investing are good.
Zelinski's How to retire happy, wild, and free
Coffeehouse Investor or Ground Rules (Schultheis)
How to make your money last (Quinn)
Ultimate retirement guide for 50+ (Orman)

Both Bogleheads guide to retirement and guide to investing are good.
Zelinski's How to retire happy, wild, and free
Coffeehouse Investor or Ground Rules (Schultheis)
How to make your money last (Quinn)
Ultimate retirement guide for 50+ (Orman)

These are all good, and I was able to buy them used at Thriftbooks!!

The 2 boglehead books and Quinn's How to make money last are my favs.

VW

Check out Money Magic by Laurence Kotlikoff. There’s very little about investing. It’s more about lifestyle and consumption. Kotlikoff is an economist and BU professor and was one of the early proponents of delaying SS as long as possible. Very interesting read.

Back
Top Bottom