Retirement Toolkit - DOL

Nice summary. Good reference material that answers the frequent question: What do I need to do for retirement planning. Timeline graphic is my favorite (couldn't paste it in here though).

Had not seen this booklet before.
Thanks for posting!

Nice summary. Good reference material that answers the frequent question: What do I need to do for retirement planning. Timeline graphic is my favorite (couldn't paste it in here though).
Here you go:

Attachments

• ERTimeline.JPG
    ERTimeline.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 97
Looks like the timeline is missing 55, when you can separate from your employer and have access to your 401k funds without the 10% penalty. After learning about that in this forum, I may take advantage of it myself at some point.

Looks like the timeline is missing 55, when you can separate from your employer and have access to your 401k funds without the 10% penalty. After learning about that in this forum, I may take advantage of it myself at some point.

That may be in part because that benefit of penalty free 401k withdrawals for those terminating service after age 55 is not universal and varies from plan to plan (which has never made any sense to be but seems to be the way it is).

No kidding. I had to print that info off MetLife website for my Metlife rep. He had never heard of the 55 rule.

Glad I learned about it. 403b is our "fun" money.

Yep I had to point out the page in the plan to Megacorps Retirment person, after that they've educated all the retirement staff.

Back
Top Bottom