retiring 2/22 at 60

karluk

Full time employment: Posting here.
I am a new forum member, but have been lurking for a year or so. Eligible for $32k pension. DW is seven years younger and wants to work until age 60 also. Combined income is about $70k until DW retires, which covers all of our living expenses. DW will also be eligible for a pension at retirement. Two kids.

Assets are $325,000 home and $1,300,000 investment portfolio. No mortgage or other debt. Investments are about 45% equities, 5% gold and silver, remainder in various fixed income investments.

I've signed up for an adult education class to learn Korean, and I also want to teach myself to play the piano. I've run seven marathons in my younger days and would like to get back in running shape. At my age, shorter runs are more realistic than another marathon.

Madison is a beautiful place to be. Welcome Karluk

Congrats on your upcoming retirement. Sounds like you have given a lot of thought as to how you will spend your time, which is great. Improving my health and getting in better shape was one of my goals after I retired 3 years ago, and I'm happy to say that I've been pretty successful at that. The hard part for me was initially getting into a daily exercise routine, but I did it, and now I actually feel bad when I miss a day (which is rare). Keep us posted on how you are doing with your running...

Back
Top Bottom