retiring early with younger children

We will be homeschooling. We want to take advantage of our freedom from schedules before my oldest hits high school age.

We will be homeschooling. We want to take advantage of our freedom from schedules before my oldest hits high school age.

That's our rationale as well. Although our kids are 4 and 2 so I have no idea what they will think of "our" decision. If the kids want to go to school I have no problem with that :)... I guess more free time for me.

We're currently on a month long vacation so we'll see how they feel by week 3 :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Congrats to Nash!
And for you others, contemplating homeschooling: I know a good many folks that dip in and out of homeschooling, depending on the kids' current interests and opportunities. A number of folks in the sailing community will pull kids from school for a year to go sailing, then drop back into regular school for a while. Rinse, repeat. I will say the kids I've met who have had these kinds of experiences are marvelous. Polite, interesting, able to be comfortable in different environments, able to entertain themselves, etc.
My boss has one in public school, one in private, and one homeschooled by his wife (SAHM). That's what happened to work for them. I would have appreciated that kind of flexibility as a kid, and maybe would have been a more enthusiastic student with more choices than "insert tab A into slot B".

Back
Top Bottom