Retiring this year & appreciate any feedback on HMO experience in 2022 and 2023

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi all. I'm retiring in 3 months, and deciding between PPO and HMO.
It seems like I will pay $0 with HMO, so I might go with that. My doctor is listed in the Aetna CVS HMO insurance I'm looking at.

Just wanted to know if any of you had HMO in 2022 or 2023, and you had no problems.

DW and I are pretty healthy at this point. In fact, I just reversed the probability of being diabetic after losing 15 pounds, and my doc congratulated me on lowering my blood sugar. Blood pressure has also gone back to normal.

I will probably have 1 domestic travel, and will buy travel insurance for international travel, which will include medical coverage. So, maybe going with HMO from Aug. 2023 to Dec. 2023.

I have had an HMO for several years and my doctor and local hospitals are in network. The issue is you cannot predict future medical issues with any certainty, surprises occur and when they do and you need care out of network it's too late. It's a gamble that in retrospect I would not take the risks, for your own peace of mind get the PPO which allows you specialized care out of network. I was perfectly healthy six months ago and find myself currently in a situation where a PPO would allow me the best care but don't have the option other than self pay for the moment.An HMO can really bite you!

Back
Top Bottom