Rewarded for doing a good deed (NOT)

Sometimes people need to be taught a lesson and often can’t or won’t learn otherwise. I would remind her that you’ve already paid out of pocket for the material and give her the receipts (she may have forgotten about the arrangement or may think you’re taking advantage of her and the whole thing cost way less than you told her). Tell her sternly in no uncertain terms she has to pay for the material and don’t let her off the hook. If she still refuses, burn the shed down🤣. On a serious note, if she doesn’t, finish the work next year, get the rest of the check for your material and never talk to them again. It’s only a vacation cabin so you don’t have to see them all the time.

Letj,
I'm 95% convinced the shed will be paid off in full in the spring, when it has been completed. That is the agreement my cousin and her came to in a fall discussion.
If for some reason it didn't get paid off, I would personally write her a check for what she gave us, and haul it away on a trailer.

Again, I'm mostly venting, because what I thought was going to be a relationship strengthening effort turned into crap, because of her silly behavior.

I will be nice in the future, but our relationship with this neighbor will always be no better than cordial after this.

Take care, JP

Back
Top Bottom