ricks cabaret shares

Sadly Strip clubs aren't immune to the recession as there was ~50% drop in income in Q3 09 vs Q3 08, at 20 P/E I don't find it exactly cheap. There are trillion puns that come to mind, but I will refrain. I just don't think there is much of a moat in the business to justify the price.

well i ended up buying some more shares of ricks caberet.
now my combined shares are up.....58% as of friday!
also bought some berkshire-hathaway b shares, they are up almost 8% in the month since i bought them.
i wish i had more spare bux to invest right now!

I used to pass Rick's all the time in Houston and--being the stripper capitol of America--met many at the local Starbucks..haha!
Anyhow, is there a reason that Rick's stock is flying so much? What is happening there? This is an enormous jump in price, so I am really curious as to what is happening there or what future plans they have. Do you know, knucklehead 61?
http://quote.morningstar.com/Stock/s.aspx?t=RICK

Here's what I could find on the net quickly:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ricks-Cabaret-International-bw-3117437403.html?x=0&.v=1

i have no idea why their stock price is so volatile. it jumps & drops wildly & i can't find much news as to why. it had quite a wide range of pricing today.

I am the proud owner of a few shares...I was as excited as my mom when she bought her Harley Davidson stock (this is amusing because I don't even think my mother has even ridden a motercycle! Definitely not a Harley chick at all!) I amuse myself telling guys I have RICK stock! (39 yr old female here) >:D

And did you see the freaky websites they own too?? Mon Dieu!

I am the proud owner of a few shares...I was as excited as my mom when she bought her Harley Davidson stock (this is amusing because I don't even think my mother has even ridden a motercycle! Definitely not a Harley chick at all!) I amuse myself telling guys I have RICK stock! (39 yr old female here) >:D

they do offer some fun stuff on their websites don't they :D

Checked out top 10 mutual funds, some here might already own it and not realize it ;)

DFA U.S. SMALL CAP VALUE SERIES

BRAZOS MICRO CAP PORTFOLIO

SATUIT CAPITAL MICRO CAP FUND

DFA U.S. Targeted Value Portfolio

DFA Tax Managed U.S. Targeted Value Port

VANGUARD TOTAL STOCK MARKET INDEX FUND

DFA U.S. MICRO CAP SERIES

DFA U.S. SMALL CAP SERIES

VANGUARD EXTENDED MARKET INDEX FUND

ISHARES Russell Micro Cap (TM) Index Fund

I'm sure Leonidas could back me up on this one: that website isn't freaky for Houston at all!:LOL: When I left they had a few large swingers clubs in the center of the city. That should give you a clue about Houston...ha!

Did hear from more than one that their lunch $8.95 was really good.

The volume is low. It can be pushed around like a 5th grader pushes around a 3rd grader.

Back
Top Bottom