RIP calculator from Fidelity

jkern

Full time employment: Posting here.
Does anyone know how to change the Confidence Level from 90% to 95% or any other value?

I don't know how to link to it, but there is another threat that answers your questions...

It was called "Firecalc vs Fidelity RIP"

Does anyone know how to change the Confidence Level from 90% to 95% or any other value?

After you put all your info in and run the simulations

then click "View Additional What-If Scenarios""

Then click on "What if You Change Your Assumption of Market Performance"

That page then has options for 95, 90, 75, 50, and 25 % Confidence levels.

- Hope that helps.

- Let us know what you discover

Last edited:
Am I the only one that sees Fidelity RIP and thinks that's the "Rest In Peace" calculator? I find it kind of creepy to use.

Am I the only one that sees Fidelity RIP and thinks that's the "Rest In Peace" calculator? I find it kind of creepy to use.

LOL, but I like it. i like the way you can get very detailed with expenses. It helps explaining things to DW.

After you put all your info in and run the simulations

then click "View Additional What-If Scenarios""

Then click on "What if You Change Your Assumption of Market Performance"

That page then has options for 95, 90, 75, 50, and 25 % Confidence levels.

- Hope that helps.

- Let us know what you discover

That's how I remember it working! Some reports used to show 90% instead of 95% IIRC.

The name 'RIP' doesn't bother me, development won one.:thumbup:

We once tried to deliver a system that the development team wanted to call 'DOA', we couldn't get that past the marketing/documentation group.
MRG

..........We once tried to deliver a system that the development team wanted to call 'DOA', we couldn't get that past the marketing/documentation group.
MRG
Yea, I know. I could never get anyone to buy into my special high intensity training system. :blush:

Not good at all. Their degrees are all BS...

And if that's not enough, you can stay longer and get MS. ;)

PS: RIP has lots of differing scenarios one can evaluate (expenses, % confidence, long term care, etc.)

PPS: I also like RIP's ability to load detailed and variable expenses, as well as distinguish essential from discretionary.

Last edited:
I've only used Fidelity's RIP, so other programs may do this as well, but find the ability to print out a spread sheet with all pertinent details like income sources, taxes, MRDs etc on a line by line basis from now until death to be really useful to see what is going on with different scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom