RIP Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones

RIP - one of greatest drummers in one of the greatest bands of all time.

Interesting tidbit - Charlie Watts had a thing for vintage cars, despite the fact that he doesn’t have a license. “I have four vintage cars and can’t drive the bloody things”

RIP.

Glad I had a chance to see them play on their last tour.

I saw them at the Pasadena Rose Bowl in 1994, and at Oakland's Oracle Arena in 2013. I remember very little about the Rose Bowl show, but the one in Oakland was fantastic - a near religious experience. Seeing Ronnie play slide guitar on "Happy" was the best.

We all knew that one of The Stones would pass at some point and, due to their ages, that it probably wouldn't be long. However, now that it has happened, it feels very different. Definitely one of those, "the world is not going to be the same" moments for me. I appreciated his down to earth approach and, of course, his great drumming. RIP Charlie.

I clearly remember the first time I heard “Honky Tonk Women”. What a great intro! What a great band!

This is my very favorite Charlie Watts performance:

It's from last year's "One World: Together at Home" concert when he apparently did not have a drum set wherever he was staying, so he just joined in anyway and had some fun playing air drums.

If my numbers are right, he spent 58 years as a member of one of the most iconic rock bands ever, playing until just a few months ago, and passed at 80. I would call that one H3ll of a life.

But, of course, he didn't FIRE:D.

I guess it just shows there are some gigs that stop being work and start being life.

RIP

I liked him best because he didn't dye his hair - Grey Power!

If my numbers are right, he spent 58 years as a member of one of the most iconic rock bands ever, playing until just a few months ago, and passed at 80. I would call that one H3ll of a life.

I guess it just shows there are some gigs that stop being work and start being life.

RIP

At least he wasn't going around telling people that he was retired! :D

Nonetheless, he had a big life and this is a big loss.

RIP

Bill Wyman, OTOH, did FIRE......

He had what looked like a great life. This is one of those deaths that makes me, honestly, feel old (although I'm still in my 60s). I mean the Stones were performing when I was still in elementary school so I realized they were older but it just hard to think of 80 as being the age of the performers who were important to my generation.

He had what looked like a great life. This is one of those deaths that makes me, honestly, feel old (although I'm still in my 60s). I mean the Stones were performing when I was still in elementary school so I realized they were older but it just hard to think of 80 as being the age of the performers who were important to my generation.

I know. It seems unbelievable that members of those amazing British bands were born near the time that bombs were being dropped in their countries in World War II.

This is my very favorite Charlie Watts performance:

It's from last year's "One World: Together at Home" concert when he apparently did not have a drum set wherever he was staying, so he just joined in anyway and had some fun playing air drums.

Charlie was just so tight. Never an unnecessary note.

Ive recently started practicing drums on an electric set w pads. Nice to see Charlie holds the left stick the way I do. The Band I was in in 9th grade played Cream, Hendrix (very talented lead guitarist), but no Rolling Stones. I should try to learn one in-honor of CW.

What do you think is the most classic Charlie Watts song?
Get Off My Cloud ☁️ is pretty classic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom