RIP:Olivia Newton John Dead at 73 - loved "Grease"

May she RIP

Had a real crush on Olivia, same age as me. Hate she had to go through such a long battle with cancer. RIP.

So very sorry to read of her passing. Cancer is a Bxxxx!!

May she RIP

Have You Never Been Mellow . . .

Had a real crush on Olivia, same age as me. Hate she had to go through such a long battle with cancer. RIP.

+1 I was a big fan... she was a little older... and I recall seeing her in concert at the Boston Commons in 1982.

Loved her in Grease. RIP.

Had a crush also, but I am younger than her...

I saw her at the Houston Rodeo way back when... she was a good singer...

OK that’s shocking!

Wow, battled cancer for 30 years!

Last edited:
I got to see her once in concert. Loved her from the first time I heard her.

I used to try to sing the base part for "Let Me Be There" - a BIT below my range.

But my all time favorite ONJ song was this one:

RIP

Voice of an angel, RIP.

One-Iconic-Look-Olivia-Newton-John-Sandy-Olsson-Grease-Movie-Reviews-Costume-Analysis-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-3.jpg

Last edited:
Loved her in Grease. RIP.

+1

My favorite song of hers is the well known one she did with John Travolta in Grease:

A perfect embodiment of teenaged hormones! :D Hard to believe that somebody that alive would ever die.

Who can forget "Physical", considered very racy for its time? It helped change her image from "squeaky clean" to "somewhat racy" :). She was reluctant to record it at first, but it became her biggest hit, #1 in the U.S. for 10 weeks.

RIP. At least, from the recent interview transcripts I read, she was at peace with facing death.

“Hopelessly Devoted To You” and “You Light Up My Life” (Debby Boone) were permanent fixtures in an endless personal mental tape loop during high school.

Who can forget "Physical", considered very racy for its time? It helped change her image from "squeaky clean" to "somewhat racy" :). She was reluctant to record it at first, but it became her biggest hit, #1 in the U.S. for 10 weeks.

RIP. At least, from the recent interview transcripts I read, she was at peace with facing death.

I always thought this song was "racy" - her lower voice during parts of the song caught my ear. I really liked the change up.

Back
Top Bottom