Risk Factors for Severe COVID-19 Outcomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe the funeral home believed that people would spend more for funerals, like better caskets and more fancy services, if they were getting the FEMA benefit.

Or maybe the funeral home believed that people would spend more for funerals, like better caskets and more fancy services, if they were getting the FEMA benefit.

It's possible, but we purchased the same everything we did for Dad, but had only one viewing, from 1-9pm instead of 2 days. We wanted to make sure we were also accommodating others who might want avoid a crowded funeral home.

Interesting report regarding the deaths resulting solely from Covid

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7101a4.htm

Among 1,228,664 persons who completed primary vaccination during December 2020–October 2021, severe COVID-19–associated outcomes (0.015%) or death (0.0033%) were rare. Risk factors for severe outcomes included age ≥65 years, immunosuppressed, and six other underlying conditions. All persons with severe outcomes had at least one risk factor; 78% of persons who died had at least four.

I watched a Webinar put on by the state health department on Friday. Unvaccinated individuals had >59 times the chance of covid death than triple vaccinated. Just as in the CDC report, most vaccinated individuals are very safe.

I watched a Webinar put on by the state health department on Friday. Unvaccinated individuals had >59 times the chance of covid death than triple vaccinated. Just as in the CDC report, most vaccinated individuals are very safe.

Do you mind sharing the dates they used to get this number...how current were they.

I'm curious A) if it includes Omicron cases

B) what this number is for the double vaxxed

C) what the number is for people who previously have Covid and got it a second time.

Partial info is not too useful IMO.

Helpful for what to do now would ignore everything that happened before the omicron wave. Helpful for future pandemics is the sum total of this whole pandemic. The two are often conflated.

Helpful for what to do now would ignore everything that happened before the omicron wave. Helpful for future pandemics is the sum total of this whole pandemic. The two are often conflated.

That assumes future variants are derived from Omicron, which came out of nowhere because it’s not genomically close to Delta or Alpha.

Next dominant variant may come from a different genomic branch.

Do you mind sharing the dates they used to get this number...how current were they.

I'm curious A) if it includes Omicron cases

B) what this number is for the double vaxxed

C) what the number is for people who previously have Covid and got it a second time.

November, pre Omnicron You can extrapolate the protection rate from the graph

https://www.msms.org/Portals/0/Docu...COVIDIndicators.pdf?ver=2022-02-11-143717-010

Partial info is not too useful IMO.

I don't know what that means.

If you have more current data please share

DM passed in December, we were able to keep here out of nursing homes and away from Covid from all of the pandemonium. She was 86. The Funeral Home asked repeatedly if Mom had Covid; after repeated answers of "no', if yes, she was eligible for $9,000 funeral assistance through FEMA. If that isn't an incentive to report Covid, nothing is.

Yeah, there were (are?) incentives to hospitals as well from what I have read. Any time money is involved an extra level of scrutiny may be in order. Once again, I've told you way more than I know so feel free to ignore it as YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom