RMD questions

PandaBear

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm trying to learn about RMD. I've been researching and can't seem to find the answers to a couple of things. My two big questions are:

1. I see the RMD for IRA's. Is the same table used for 401K and 403b Accounts?

2. I know with IRAs you can take the RMD out of one account if you have multiples. Can you do the same for 403b and 401k?

3. Related to #2....can you take a years distribution from one account (401k for example) to also cover the 403b and IRA.

Thank you.

I'm trying to learn about RMD. I've been researching and can't seem to find the answers to a couple of things. My two big questions are:

1. I see the RMD for IRA's. Is the same table used for 401K and 403b Accounts?

2. I know with IRAs you can take the RMD out of one account if you have multiples. Can you do the same for 403b and 401k?

3. Related to #2....can you take a years distribution from one account (401k for example) to also cover the 403b and IRA.

Thank you.

yes, same table.
You can aggregate IRAs and (separately) aggregate 403bs and take the RMD from RMDs from one IRA if desired. Same w/ 403Bs. You cannot aggregate
401Ks........this has one "advantage" if your custodian does it.....since the 401K cannot be aggregated the custodian knows exactly what the RMD is and can send it out by default if you forget.
https://www.irahelp.com/slottreport...-can-i-take-required-distribution-one-account

I rolled over my 401K into an IRA after I retired. Now I have a spreadsheet where I put in the total of all my IRA's for each year and it calculates my RMD. I can then take it out of any one of the accounts or split it up.

Back
Top Bottom