RobinHood race from $2,500 to $250,000

Fermion, any update? I assume you may have made some money with this volatile market.

I have about $2,500 cash in one of my accounts. I may try my luck at this, as well.

I opened up an account yesterday with ETrade yesterday. I'm doing it more as a hobby and if I make a little money with it, thats an added bonus to gaining knowledge. 5k is my investment. I wish I had the skill and knowledge to do quick buy and sell like Fermion. I'm looking at waiting on investment companies to recover.

Considering: Southwest Airlines, IMAX, MGM, Royal Caribbean, and AMC

Is Stemline still a good option?

This is worse than gambling with me, but if I learn more about the market and trading, it was worth the ride.

Is Stemline still a good option?

This is worse than gambling with me, but if I learn more about the market and trading, it was worth the ride.

Stemline is a high risk/high reward small biotech company (nano really). They do have an approved and marketed drug, which is quite unusual for these little bios but it has a small market. I am hopeful though that this will be expanded to other indications plus it is nice that they have shown they can get a drug through all of the phases, which is not an easy thing to do these days.

I would not recommend Stemline for money you cannot afford to lose. It is one of those "could go to zero, could go to $30" stocks.

I would not recommend Stemline for money you cannot afford to lose. It is one of those "could go to zero, could go to $30" stocks.

Where does Stemline get their operating capital from? Their historical cash balances do not indicate that they are still working down their equity raise and they are not generating enough from the one drug to fund their R&D.

Where does Stemline get their operating capital from? Their historical cash balances do not indicate that they are still working down their equity raise and they are not generating enough from the one drug to fund their R&D.

They did a raise August 2019 at $15.25 for some 75 million.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to Robin Hood Race From $250,000 to $2500 in light of current events?

A little excitement this morning in Stemline...it is up 16% as I type.

I can't find any news at all.

Man I could really use another Endocyte right now...it would bring me out of the dumps.

A little excitement this morning in Stemline...it is up 16% as I type.

I can't find any news at all.

Man I could really use another Endocyte right now...it would bring me out of the dumps.

Full disclosure: I bought a bunch of STML on Friday at $4.30. Better to be lucky than good. :dance:

Full disclosure: I bought a bunch of STML on Friday at $4.30. Better to be lucky than good. :dance:

I'd tell you to sell some now for a $0.70 per share profit but don't blame me if there is buyout news and it goes to $15 this week.

Still, congrats on the purchase!

I'd tell you to sell some now for a $0.70 per share profit but don't blame me if there is buyout news and it goes to $15 this week.

Still, congrats on the purchase!

I appreciate that and I also considered it. But, I didn't buy it for a $0.70 gain. It's some of my play money, so looking for a home run on this one. So, I'll sit tight.

I have one stock that I have 5200 dollars in exploded on Friday. Up 46% Friday then 92% today. It's an OTC stock but their drug has been effective against COVID.

Look it up but use your own due diligence. Leronlimab is the drug. CYDY is the stock.

Well, my big pick Stemline just got bought out for $11.50 + $1 CVR and I sold 2000 shares of it in Robinhood for $11.97 pre-market today.

This puts me at over $27500 in cash in the Robinhood account!

This is a gain of 996% in under 2 years.

Also this gets me past the $25,000 day trade limit, although I have not traded in this account the past month or more because of the virus impact and unpredictability of stocks.

Next stop, $250,000.

Attachments

• rh54.jpg
    rh54.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 40
I did!! And I just logged on here to gloat. You beat me to it. Nice call, bud! What's the next one? :dance:

I am so happy for you! Isn't it a awesome feeling to wake up to that?

Fermion hedge fund's next pick? Lets see....

I came along for the ECYT ride but missed this one so now I have to stalk all your posts Fermion. Grats again!

Nice! I bought 50 shares of the STML in our HSA account. Maybe I’ll sell it this morning.

Well, my big pick Stemline just got bought out for $11.50 + $1 CVR and I sold 2000 shares of it in Robinhood for $11.97 pre-market today.

This puts me at over $27500 in cash in the Robinhood account!

This is a gain of 996% in under 2 years.

Also this gets me past the $25,000 day trade limit, although I have not traded in this account the past month or more because of the virus impact and unpredictability of stocks.

Next stop, $250,000.
I went along for the ride, because, heck, you and Ken had jumped on it. Actually looked and liked what I saw so put money on the COME line. Def not as large as you, just 400 shares as that's all the idle cash I had sitting in my IRA account. But a win is a win! :) Congrats on your play, yet again. :)

Last edited:
I went along for the ride, because, heck, you and Ken had jumped on it. Actually looked and liked what I saw so put money on the COME line. Def not as large as you, just 400 shares as that's all the idle cash I had sitting in my IRA account. But a win is a win! :) Congrats on your play, yet again. :)

A win is a win! And hey, 400 x $7 profit is $2800, not a bad amount for your IRA!

I am having to pay tax on this $60,000 gain, so....ouch!

A win is a win! And hey, 400 x $7 profit is $2800, not a bad amount for your IRA!

$60k gain!! You must have bought some outside RobinHood, too. Well played

$60k gain!! You must have bought some outside RobinHood, too. Well played

I had 2000 shares in Robinhood and 7000 shares in my other taxable, purchased in the $5 area. It wasn't so much fun when it dipped down below $4 during the height of the market collapse, but much more fun now.

If you want, I'll take the tax burden if you just want to transfer 1/2 of that to me :) I'm sure I have tax losses I could find to offset that (sigh - LOL). Yeah, it was nice to have this tucked in the IRA.

Since I now have a small pile of ready to invest cash ($27,850 in cash) in the Robinhood race account, I am in need of one or two good picks.

It doesn't have to be an Endocyte or a Stemline but I would love to find another. I think I actually heard about Stemline on a yahoo message board where it was being pumped. I researched it and became interested because they had actually brought a drug to market, which is a rare thing for a micro-cap biotech.

So, no rush, but if you stumble across any small bios that are maybe trading at a big discount, feel free to post and I will do my research on them. It is still a big gamble but I think there are things you can do to at least rule out the really poor ones.

Back
Top Bottom