RobinHood race from $2,500 to $250,000

Did you guys see the story about this kid in Illinois that thought he lost $700k in his Robinhood account and committed suicide? Horrible

Sad.
Although in one of my brokerages, I had my heart skip a beat or two when I first logged in one day as it shows Options I bought and the amount I'm missing out on when I wrote a call and the price leapfrogged up.

A big -$xxxxxx :eek:

It did take me a second to realize I was only missing out on potential money and NOT losing real money.

Hey Fermion, kind of crazy but going to be 2 year mark in a couple days. Looking forward to see where the figures are at 2 years!

Hey Fermion, kind of crazy but going to be 2 year mark in a couple days. Looking forward to see where the figures are at 2 years!

Yeah, I was at over $31,000 but down to about $30,000 right now on Sangamo weakness. Pretty sure it will recover though.

Yeah, I was at over $31,000 but down to about $30,000 right now on Sangamo weakness. Pretty sure it will recover though.

Can't hit a homer every time. But to run $2,500 to $30,000 still nothing to be ashamed of - LMAO! Hows the $30K tracking to your original plan? Got to guess it's ahead.

Can't hit a homer every time. But to run $2,500 to $30,000 still nothing to be ashamed of - LMAO! Hows the $30K tracking to your original plan? Got to guess it's ahead.

Well, my goal was/is to turn $2,500 into $250,000 in 10 years by trading, so I need a 60% annual compounded return to achieve that.

end of year 1 my balance needed to be $4,000
end of year 2 $6,400
year 3 $10,420
year 4 $16,384
year 5 $26,214
year 6 $41,943
year 7 $67,109
year 8 $107,374
year 9 $171,799
final year 10 $274,878 (a tad over, because 60% is a little high)

So I guess I am a bit past year 5 at the end of year 2.

I bought more IBIO at $1.55 yesterday, they recently partnered with IBM to start fastpharming a production vaccine to Covid19. Back in 2009, and again in 2014, their production of a vaccine for H1N1 swine flu spiked the stock price to $55, and $32 a share.

Time to add some more SGMO at 9.12 or don’t try to catch a falling knife?

Who knows? The volume has not been super high the past few days.

They have $700m in cash or somewhere around there so I would not expect any dilution, plus they have quite a number of partnerships with potential milestone payments in the multiple billions.

At $9 a share, the market cap is around 1.25B

Up 357% on my investment from the time I invested in this in February 2020. Hopefully it will take the next leap soon. Its been sitting fairly stagnant for a few weeks. There has been some noise, good press, bad press, etc etc..... BLA submission for HIV is finally completed. There could also be compassionate use approval for Covid-19 coming. Double blind placebo is continuing.

I would be more comfortable if this was listed on NASDAQ and maybe it will be soon. Time will tell.

This took off again this week. Now at 6.93 SP from 3.1 SP. My $17K on a 5K investment is now $41K.

Double blind placebo is over next week and up listing coming soon. Would love to see this get off OTC.

I bought more IBIO at $1.55 yesterday, they recently partnered with IBM to start fastpharming a production vaccine to Covid19. Back in 2009, and again in 2014, their production of a vaccine for H1N1 swine flu spiked the stock price to $55, and $32 a share.

This stock just joined the "Russell 3000" on Friday which sent the stock soaring, and hopefully more PRs on Monday for a big green week.

Currently closed at $2.15, but up .21 in after hours trading to $2.36. It hit $2.69 earlier in the day. Monday should be epic !

I took a little SGMO off the table at $9.86 (had a bit too much in Robinhood) and just bought 2000 shares of ETTX at $2.70. Strange little bio that I don't know that much about except they have been awarded a decent contract today and yet the stock has not budged. I am hoping the news catches on and I can sell later today or this week for a bit of a profit.

If anyone wants to dig into ETTX (Entasis) and give me their opinion on it, feel free. It looks like a decent lottery ticket on the outside, with a IPO in 2018 near $15 a share, now trading in the mid $2 range with a large major shareholder purchase recently at $2.50, small contract award just this past week which has not really hit the news, and phase III trial of "a broad spectrum β-lactamase inhibitor with sulbactam" underway.

Market cap is tiny.

Still kicking myself for not buying FOLD. :facepalm: I'll have a look at ETTX

Ettx both rsi 14 and macd are down trending. Look at ANGi & OSUR

I don't buy and sell on trends and really don't care about charts or tea leaves.

What I do is look for cigar butts discarded on the street and see if there is a puff or two left in them.

If anyone wants to dig into ETTX (Entasis) and give me their opinion on it, feel free. It looks like a decent lottery ticket on the outside, with a IPO in 2018 near $15 a share, now trading in the mid $2 range with a large major shareholder purchase recently at $2.50, small contract award just this past week which has not really hit the news, and phase III trial of "a broad spectrum β-lactamase inhibitor with sulbactam" underway.

Market cap is tiny.

I just looked at the insider, huge purchase by another company.
E_TRADE_FINANCIAL_Quotes_Research.jpg

Press release:
https://investors.entasistx.com/new...apeutics-completes-closing-second-tranche-35m

In addition to the shares issued also gives Innovia the right to appoint 2 people to Entasis Board of Directors. So looks like a sizeable dilution. Possible positioning for takeover?

Interesting, this was formed by spin-out from AstraZeneca back in 2015. Then went IPO several years later. Have burned through sizeable chunk of cash, having raised over $80 million. Maybe this is ready to realize it's potential but so feels like it's just a cash burn instead of cash cow. Contract they just signed is $3 million with up to $15 million so not life changing for the company who seems to burn through that pretty quickly. Unsure for now.

Last edited:
I don't buy and sell on trends and really don't care about charts or tea leaves.

What I do is look for cigar butts discarded on the street and see if there is a puff or two left in them.

How sad. My first post on early-retirement.org and I get a Smart Ass reply.

How sad. My first post on early-retirement.org and I get a Smart Ass reply.

Sorry about that but some of these are low float low volume micro caps and things like RSI really don't apply IMO.

Insider purchases or sells, CEO's leaving, cash burn and dilution risk, things like that are what I look for.

Interesting, this was formed by spin-out from AstraZeneca back in 2015. Then went IPO several years later. Have burned through sizeable chunk of cash, having raised over $80 million. Maybe this is ready to realize it's potential but so feels like it's just a cash burn instead of cash cow. Contract they just signed is $3 million with up to $15 million so not life changing for the company who seems to burn through that pretty quickly. Unsure for now.

Yes I agree with you here on the unsure for now. I am not heavy into it, just $5,000 or so. It does have some potential to spike really high though with the low float.

Oops, something going on, ETTX did a trade for $1.7 pre market, down 40%. Well that buy went south in a hurry!

edit: Or a ticker misprint? no news. LOL I love biotech investing.

edit2: It looks like someone fat fingered a pre-market sell of 500 shares at $1.71 instead of $2.71.

LMAO if true.

Last edited:
My July 17 ITCI covered call is getting near completion and will be a nice $8000+ profit but dang if the August calls on ITCI are juicy!

You can sell a August $25 call on ITCI for $7!

So tempted...

Back
Top Bottom