Robo call from United Health Care?

PointBreeze

Recycles dryer sheets
I just got a robo call from AARP-United Healthcare (my new Plan G provider) wanting to ask me questions about my health. I hung up without answering. Anyone else get a call like this?

I just got a robo call from AARP-United Healthcare (my new Plan G provider) wanting to ask me questions about my health. I hung up without answering. Anyone else get a call like this?
Thanks kind of weird seeing you have a supplemental plan. Maybe it was a Spam call? I've been on G for 15 years and have never been questioned about my health by my provider. They also have your health record on file.

Yes. I am also new (March) to AARP/UHC Plan G. I can’t remember whether I ever received a call (I don’t normally answer the phone unless I know the person or if it is a business from whom I am expecting a call), but AARP/UHC has sent mail asking me to answer a survey requesting health information. That mail goes into the recycling bag after being shredded.

You may want to call Customer Service and ask the question about why you would get a call like this.

Thanks kind of weird seeing you have a supplemental plan. Maybe it was a Spam call? I've been on G for 15 years and have never been questioned about my health by my provider. They also have your health record on file.
+1

I’ve been on AARP/UHC for 5 years and never received a call.

I haven't had that, but I did have Health Alliance (my ACA plan) text and call (leaving voicemails) trying to get me to sign up for some patient remote monitoring stuff. I felt it would be of no benefit for me and just an inconvenience to deal with. I had never selected the option to "opt in" to text messages and had selected email as my communication preference, so I complained on the patient portal to customer service that I had received these texts and calls/voicemails.

Last edited:
Similar thread from earlier this year,

It may have been the start of your "welcome to Medicare" visit, if this is a new insurance.
When I was working, the RNs would start those by phone and take health history, etc, then schedule the exam/visit with the medical provider.

I got an unsolicited call from “U.S. Health” (not AARP) asking me to call them back. I looked the number up online, and it was identified as a known spam caller. No call back from me!

DW and I both got calls from the benefits manager that Megacorp hired to handle our health care supplement insurance (they give us a stipend to spend through the benefits manager.) They told us that Megacorp "asked" them to call us to offer to open negotiations early (not waiting until November) regarding changing our insurance carriers if we so desired. Unfortunately, it would involve underwriting, so the whole thing was moot (heh, heh, too many "issues" for both of us.)

SO, after speaking frankly with the benefits manager representative, it became clear that the benefits manager had no desire to call us but Megacorp had "forced" them to do so. I guess that's a good thing. I'm not certain. (Megacorp still cares??)

Is your stipend limited to the products the benefits managers acts as an agent for? If so, and you are thinking to move away from those choices, megacorp either wants you to stay because they like paying out the stipend. Or vice versa.

Is your stipend limited to the products the benefits managers acts as an agent for? If so, and you are thinking to move away from those choices, megacorp either wants you to stay because they like paying out the stipend. Or vice versa.
The benefits manager knows every plan that is available in our area and what the costs are for said plans. They don't have their own "stable" of companies they represent - they represent us. Their only function is to tell us what each plan is (what it covers), help us decide what is best for us, then reimburse us (from the stipend) each month for our insurance payments and co-pays, deductibles, etc. It's actually a pretty good service to have. BUT, the stipend is not enough to cover all our health care costs. We still pay some of it (which doesn't sound too surprising.) Megacorp is generous - but not that generous. ;)

Back
Top Bottom