Ruta Maya

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I generally brew coffee at home that I get from the grocery store on sale. Not sayin that I do not appreciate a complex cup o joe, but I'm generally fine with Folgers. I decided to really drive off the LBYM tracks recently and purchased a package of the above organic coffee. I don't know if it's the Arabica beans grown in the shade or not, but that stuff brews a mean pot of blackbrew.

I recommend it.:clap:

I recommend it.:clap:
LBYM is all fine and good, and it means different things to different folks, but a good cup of coffee is one of those luxuries for which I'm willing to splurge. Then again, I've found that pricier doesn't always mean tastier.

Woah, check out their website - looks like it's run by the lost tribe from Berkley. They even have a drum circle this Thursday night. Keep the People's Republic of Austin Weird baby!

Ruta Maya in South Austin, Texas Serving Live Music, Fresh Roasted Organic Coffee, More!

Yep, they are a bastion of Austin Weirdness. We enjoyed their coffee several years ago, then got a couple of under roasted bags in a row and gave up on them. Glad to hear that they are putting out good coffee again. Maybe we will give them another try.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom