Sacroiliac Injection

PERSonalTime

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone ever had a steroid injection in their sacroiliac joint? If so, what was the process, and how long did it take to get pain relief?

I have not, but do have constant issue with my SIJ. I've done a lot of PT trying to strengthen the muscles involved, but it does not take much for it to slip and be down for the count. I use a chiropractor to put things back into place. What have you been doing to try to help your situation?

I get my si joint injected about every 9/12 monthes. Not really a big deal at all. It’s guided under X-ray. Takes just a couple of minutes. Feels like pressure in the area to me, but I have a pretty high pain threshold, not because I want to, but because I have to, lol.

Afterwards I try to not do much for the rest of the day and keep putting ice on it. There isn’t really a joint per se to inject into, which is why they do it unde X-ray. You want the cortisone to stay there not move to the rest of the body, hence the inactivity and ice. I find it improving pretty much right away(might be inactivity and ice though). Can take up to a week to improve and I usually see that gradual improvement.

Once in a while it doesn’t stay there long enough and I end up getting one say in 2-3 monthes. It helps a lot of me

I also find using a cane helps if I need to walk a lot. Never had really any help from pt

I get steroid injections in my cspine. For that, you go into a room a while later a doctor and assistant come in in lead lined suits. Process is quick, easy, and painless. I have had some relief as the injection happened, I'm told that is unusual. Good luck and best wishes.

Has anyone ever had a steroid injection in their sacroiliac joint? If so, what was the process, and how long did it take to get pain relief?

Thank you for posing this question, it never ceases to amaze me the variety of topics one can learn about here! I've mostly been a lurker on this site but your thread prompted me to research this condition, and after doing so, I discovered my symptoms check all the boxes.

I've had lower back pain for many years attributed to my sciatic, but over the last couple years something more serious has developed that affects my entire lower back and both hips. Last spring, images revealed mild osteoarthritis in my hip joints and my doctor referred me to physical therapy, which helped somewhat. Chiropractic care has helped with other problems over the years, but that also is not proving to be very effective for this particular issue. I've suspected that there must be something else going on.

Just this week I've been considering another doctor visit in attempt to figure this out, and this thread gives me something to go on. Any advice or other information from you or others would be very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom