Salahi and wife go to a White House State Dinner

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I assume most have read this article by now:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...nation/2009-11-26-state-dinner-crashers_N.htm

Looks as if the winery is in trouble, and she wants to get on a new Bravo TV show, "The Housewives of D.C." or somesuch. Am I the only one here that thinks this act is not only totally disrespectful but so arrogant that it's beyond belief?:nonono:
I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't watch that Salahi woman on that show now for anything (not that I watch these shows, but...). I really wonder how desperate Bravo is for a show that they will even hire obnoxious people like her?
And how bad is America's security that they didn't notice anything wrong? The White House uses place cards for each seat. How did they even get a seat there:confused:?
Two jerks who don't deserve a show or their winery from opening. And did you catch that he is trying to wrestle control of the winery from his parents. Nice guy.:nonono: Obviously a grandstand desperate play on both their parts.
In short: I am not amused.:(

The security breach was a big no, no. Not with this particular President and all of the wack jobs out there who cannot stand the fact that an African American holds that office.
Somebody's head seriously needs to roll for it.

As far as the two clowns who pulled that stunt? Never heard of them and do not really care to hear more.

I heard they left before the dinner because there they didn't have a place at any table. Every seat is tagged by name and since they were not invited, there were no name tage set out. What a joke this was. Doesn't say much for our security.

Looks as if the winery is in trouble, and she wants to get on a new Bravo TV show, "The Housewives of D.C." or somesuch. Am I the only one here that thinks this act is not only totally disrespectful but so arrogant that it's beyond belief?:nonono:
I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't watch that Salahi woman on that show now for anything (not that I watch these shows, but...). I really wonder how desperate Bravo is for a show that they will even hire obnoxious people like her?

Let's face it, if people featured on Bravo were well mannered, unassuming and reserved, they would not have much of a show. What worries me is how far people are ready to go to promote themselves. :nonono: It is a sad state of affairs.

The security breach was a big no, no. Not with this particular President and all of the wack jobs out there who cannot stand the fact that an African American holds that office...

It's OK! While it is amazing that they could get in, they had to pass through sensitive metal detectors. Of course, if they were truly crazy, they could jump on Obama but other than giving some scratches and bites before the Secret Service could intervene, they would not be able to do much.

By the way, remember how some past Presidents and First Ladies were able to sneak out of the White House for some "discretionary" fun activities? I guess if people can sneak out, then some can sneak in. :angel: In fact, didn't at least one intern wander to where she was not supposed to?

It isn't just explosives that are a security issue. There exists people who would think nothing of bringing in some sort of virus or poison to spread around a state dinner. I am concerned that we do a better job to protect the office of president - no matter who is in the position.

Someone is probably already unemployed because of this. It may be an excellent test of the system that ends up being a real slap in the face for security of all kinds. In the long run, these folks may have helped more than they will ever know.

She should have sent in a balloon and then called the media to report that her son was trapped inside of it. Then I could have spent all night watching things develop (listening to all the speculation)... instead of merely reading about it in the morning.

Oh claim a dingo ate her baby.:nonono:

Added here. In all seriousness, why are they not being arrested? Cause they are rich socialites?

She should have sent in a balloon and then called the media to report that her son was trapped inside of it. Then I could have spent all night watching things develop (listening to all the speculation)... instead of merely reading about it in the morning.

I think someone should decide to label it an act of terrorism and prosecute it on that basis.

Added here. In all seriousness, why are they not being arrested? Cause they are rich socialites?

The White House may just want this whole embarrassing flap to "go away," which would be the only reason not to press charges.

Since there's no big hurry, it's more likely the folks in the know are taking their time to formulate a game plan that factors in all the issues (political, need to deter others from trying this, perhaps wanting to follow the trail back to see if they had any assistance, etc). What would the two idiots be charged with? They apparently didn't use false names or identification. Maybe trespassing or lying to an official (if they presented a bogus invitation)?

... What would the two idiots be charged with? They apparently didn't use false names or identification...

You got a point.

"Hey, we just walked up, thinking it was an interesting party and they let us in".

The White House may just want this whole embarrassing flap to "go away," which would be the only reason not to press charges.

? They apparently didn't use false names or identification. Maybe trespassing or lying to an official (if they presented a bogus invitation)?

I am sure you are right the White House wishes the whole thing would blow over... [Must resist cheap political shot]

I heard that could be arrested for lying to the Secret Service, since (hopefully) at some point they told someone they had an invitation.

They really should arrest them because it makes a mockery of all the elaborate security the Secret Service puts in place to protect POTUS.

(snip) What would the two idiots be charged with? They apparently didn't use false names or identification. Maybe trespassing or lying to an official (if they presented a bogus invitation)?
Both, I would think. Possibly fraud if they had a forged invitation. It might also be grounds for a fraud charge if they obtained the services of the film crew that followed them around by lying about their invitation. Also, since they did what they did together, with planning ahead how to pull it off, they may also be open to a charge of conspiracy.

I think the two of them should get waterboarded (just joking, of course).

Seriously, it IS you've got Punk'd taken too far when they Punk the president. Like the original posted mentioned, it does show total disrespect.

What would be fitting if the secret service pretended to be a reality tv show and had them primp for the show etc, but in the end, "surprise, surprise, you've been punk'd" and have them sit in jail to think things over for a few days.

While the SS may never reveal publicly how this security breach actually occurred, I'm reading between the lines and it looks like it may be the fault of the "social secretary's office" (whoever that is) since they were in charge of the "official list". They will announce it as a simple "communications breakdown".

You can bet that Congress will want to have their hearings as well as Homeland Security and anyone who has a connection to security in DC.

This sort of thing is the reason I have started looking at "alternative media" for my information about the world.

I too am furious with the game players. The India government should send a reprimand to the US. Their head of state was put in danger. There should be serious jail time and if they send them out to Prince George's county thats ok with me.
washingtonpost.com

On the same day there was an incident in DC where a guy threw a couple of firebombs out of his van to get attention. Then waved a few banners for justice and his $200mil that the government owes him. Where is the long distance taser when you need it. Like Tractor man he will probably only get a minor sentence while it just makes for a learning tool for the next level of terror strikes.

I'd never heard of a Salahi before - or a Heene for that matter, now their names are hammered into my brain. Maybe that proves there's no such thing as bad press.

OTOH, I've also only heard of one Hitler, who also had pretty bad press.

Back
Top Bottom