School's out!

Buckeye

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today was my last day with my high needs 8th grade math students. I went back to college a year ago to obtain my Florida teaching certificate and my Internship (student teaching) classroom was with these 8th graders. My Internship was done at the end of March but I committed to finishing the school year with them because one teacher in the classroom (even with an average of only of 15 students) was not enough.

I have one adult step-daughter and a grandson who graduated from high school last Friday, but I never had (or wanted) any children of my own. I was unprepared for how much I would care for these 8th graders.

I went to the 8th grade assistant principal's office to say good-bye and had to push off a conversation about taking a full-time job as a math teacher at the school. Many teachers are leaving because the principal is horrible. She is taking this school down like she has taken others down. If I do take a job, it will only be part-time. My BS bucket is full and I am ineligible for full-time employment! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom