Schwab and Quicken

timbervest

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone else having problems with Schwab's new download process to Quicken? Last week they changed the connection process and you had to go through and reconnect your accounts and I had a heck of a time getting it to work. Ended up with some file corruption and 3 hours on the phone with the Quicken folk trying to sort it out. Finally got it stabilized but it does not work as well as it did before.

Not a thread on the relative merits of whether or not to use Quicken -- just wanted to know if anyone else is having difficulties. Thanks.

I’m having them (problems) with accounts that are configured to download transactions at Schwab into Quicken.

I’ve been having trouble with lots of accounts downloading to quicken lately. Last to stop working was my checking account. Took hours to resolve. And yesterday I found one of my cc has hundreds of duplicate transactions. I love quicken, but having to triple check everything is becoming a pain.

No problems here with upgrading my Schwab connections to Quicken. Between DW and me, we have six accounts with Schwab.

I'm running Quicken Deluxe for Mac v. 6.4.4 under MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 (in other words, the latest versions of Q* and MacOS).

I have 3 Schwab accounts in Quicken, and they all got a batch of old transactions last week that went back over a year. There was no way to dismiss or delete them all, so I checked them all individually. Wasted about a half hour on that.

Yes, I have had problems with Quicken downloading from Schwab, and this started more than a year ago.

Every so often, Quicken would complain that Schwab sent info on accounts that did not exist in Quicken. I would have to disable all the account set ups in Quicken, then do through the set up again, and match up existing accounts on Quicken with the accounts that Schwab sent down.

I have not had cases where there were duplicate transactions, or the Quicken file got messed up. I keep a lot of Quicken backup files just in case that last scenario happens.

I think the problem is at Schwab's end instead of at Quicken side. Schwab changes something in the account's info, and that does not match what was sent earlier, and that trips off Quicken, hence the non-matching account error messages that I kept on seeing.

As mentioned, I had to go through the set-up process once every few months.

PS. Note that I did not delete the Schwab accounts in Quicken. I only turned off all the connections to Schwab, then told Quicken to look for accounts at Schwab anew. Quicken then asked me to identify each of the accounts that Schwab sent down, and to match it with the accounts that existed in Quicken. Things worked normally after that, until the next hiccup.

Last edited:
Thanks. Glad it is not just me. Downloading transactions into Quicken used to be problem free but this new system with Schwab has left me with glitches I cannot fix and a less user friendly interface. Disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom