Second hand Iphones

dallas27

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Time to upgrade the iphones. Being [relatively] cheap, I would like to get last years model around the time the next model releases.

Any suggestions on where to buy secondhand? or even B-stock?

Glyde, Ebay, and Amazon are all good sources for used cellphones.

I have bought 2 iPhones at swappa.com over the last year and have not had any problems.

Time to upgrade the iphones. Being [relatively] cheap, I would like to get last years model around the time the next model releases.

Any suggestions on where to buy secondhand? or even B-stock?

Why not buy it from a board member when they upgrade and skip the middle man? I'll volunteer. I'll be trading up from an iPhone 6 to a 7 whenever it comes out. Normally in the fall.

I like Swappa. You can often negotiate prices, too.

I have bought several used cell phones off e-bay from vendors who specialize in used phones, none were lemons. It kind of comes down to how good is the battery that will come with it.

Last edited:
I have bought several used cell phones off e-bay from vendors who specialize in used phones, non were lemons. It kind of comes down to how good is the battery that will come with it.

Right. I am using my husband's 2 year old iPhone 5. And the battery doesn't last that long - certainly not compared to his new iPhone6. I hope to get a 6c/6s this fall.

Right. I am using my husband's 2 year old iPhone 5. And the battery doesn't last that long - certainly not compared to his new iPhone6. I hope to get a 6c/6s this fall.

Do you remember to close all open apps when not using them? Doing so will extend the battery time by quite a bit.

A new battery costs $79 installed. That's still pricey but if it extends the phone life for a year or two, not a bad option.

Do you remember to close all open apps when not using them? Doing so will extend the battery time by quite a bit.

Actually, that can be counter productive on an iPhone (it's behaves quite differently than Android does). iOS very aggressively manages battery conservation.

Two things that can make a difference are to turn off background location tracking in certain apps and turn on background app refresh of the Facebook app.

Here's a good article that going into this in more detail:

The Ultimate Guide to Solving iOS Battery Drain — Scotty Loveless

Actually, that can be counter productive on an iPhone (it's behaves quite differently than Android does). iOS very aggressively manages battery conservation.

Two things that can make a difference are to turn off background location tracking in certain apps and turn on background app refresh of the Facebook app.

Here's a good article that going into this in more detail:

The Ultimate Guide to Solving iOS Battery Drain — Scotty Loveless

Thanks for the link. A lot of good info there.

> turn on background app refresh of the Facebook app

Um, turn OFF, sorry about that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom