SF Sat 11/27 - Oakland Raider game 11/28

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Are there any crazy Raider fans in NoCal from the ER board who might be attending the Raider game the Sunday after Thanksgiving?

Also looking for suggestions of different (non artsy) stuff to do in the general bay area? We are leaving Sacramento early Sat morning. Have plenty of time to kill - considered wine tasting (but DBF is not a big wine drinker), looking for new suggestions. I grew up in Sac area, and have spent plenty of time in SF (shopping, piers, Alcatraz, you know the touristy and field trip stuff) Sunday, we plan on going to Oakland for the game!! Wooohooo!! I have been a Raider fan since I was 7 - this will be my first real game out there! I might refrain from extreme face painting :angel:

One of my favorite things to do in that area is day hiking in the hills above Muir Woods (Mt. Tamalpais, etc.) with a picnic lunch, bottle of wine, etc. waiting for SO and me in the car. However, I also tend to make alternate plans (the more touristy stuff you have already mentioned) this time of year since it may be too cool and wet (rainy) for me to enjoy this specific activity.

I'm in SoCal, not NoCal and not attending the game and can't give you any advice. However, I will comment that the last Raider game I went to was the final game the Raiders played in LA against Kansas City with Joe Montana as QB. There were so many fights in the stands between Raider fans I vowed never to go see a Raider home game again live. Maybe it's different in Oakland. Either way, enjoy the game - this is probably the most exciting time for Raider football since the AFC champ. in the 2002 season (I almost bought tickets for that game, but decided the prices were too high).

I went to exactly one Raiders game when they were in LA and had a similar experience. Roving gangs of drunken thugs looking for fights, small melees everywhere, saw one guy get thrown over a rail, why anyone would support that kind of madness a second time is beyond me.

I went to exactly one Raiders game when they were in LA and had a similar experience. Roving gangs of drunken thugs looking for fights, small melees everywhere, saw one guy get thrown over a rail, why anyone would support that kind of madness a second time is beyond me.

Yep. That was my one and only game there as well. I've seen them play many times at the Murph ( I guess its the the Q now), but never again in LA - not that I have a choice now.

I second Muir Woods. You can get off the main trail and hike a little back into the woods. A real neat place along the stream.

When we last traveled to the Bay Area on vacation, we stayed in Jack London Square in Oakland. There are restaurants and they have a very enjoyable farmer's market on Sunday mornings.

Every Sunday

Farmer's Market

Time: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Every Sunday, rain or shine the Pacific Coast Farmer’s Market Association presents local farmers and artisan food purveyors with fresh produce and hand crafted products for your culinary enjoyment. Buy fresh off the vine tomatoes, specialty olive oils, fresh herbs, homemade pastas, locally caught seafood, handmade milled soaps and much, much more.

I used to see the same boys (and girls) at Pittsburgh-Cleveland "Turnpike Rivalry" games in the 1970s... and this was back when everyone agreed that the Raiders had a lock on the "criminal element" of football.

Back
Top Bottom