Shameless Self Promotion

Brdofpray

Recycles dryer sheets
The first week of October, I completed the CNC's (Cycle North Carolina) annual ride across the state. We started in Brevard, NC and ended at Carolina Beach, NC. A seven day, 70 mile per day odyssey. Along the way we had rain, a tornado warning, 40 degree temperatures, and 90 degree temperatures. The pertinent statistics are below.

460 miles
30.4 hours of sitting on a bicycle seat
15.13 average miles per hour
28,760 calories
15,597 feet of climb
106,596 pedal strokes

The point is, if I can do this, you can do this as well! :dance: It just takes a a dedication to train, and put the time in on your bike seat.

Attachments

• Scan 2.jpeg
    Scan 2.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 25
The first week of October, I completed the CNC's (Cycle North Carolina) annual ride across the state. We started in Brevard, NC and ended at Carolina Beach, NC.

Did you happen to pass through my hometown...Rockingham, NC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you happen to pass through my hometown...Rockingham, NC?

We most certainly did! We stayed out by the armory. I believe it was a Rec center of some sort. We had a great dark beer at a mexican restaurant that was across the street. So where were you?

We most certainly did! We stayed out by the armory. I believe it was a Rec center of some sort. We had a great dark beer at a mexican restaurant that was across the street. So where were you?

I'm living & working in Texas & Louisiana at the moment.... I've been home 4 times this year so far, and will be there again the week after Christmas.

I'd have come over to say hello had I been in town. Glad your ride was successful and fun.

That sounds like so much fun!

I am in very good physical shape but my issue with extended multi-day bike riding is strictly butt-soreness. It is a real issue!

Congrats! That's great.

I'm about to go out on my 7 mile ride this morning, averaging maybe 11.5 mph, and I'll probably be tired for the day.

Very impressed by your numbers!

Congrats! That's great.

I'm about to go out on my 7 mile ride this morning, averaging maybe 11.5 mph, and I'll probably be tired for the day.

Very impressed by your numbers!

That's about my level of cycling as well.

Congratulations Brdofpray, that is truly impressive :)

Congrats on your NC tour! NC is high on my list for my favorite bike touring. The Outer Banks ride is terrific. We leave in January for our next self contained tour. Our first ride outside of the USA. A little nervous about the unknown but looking forward to the adventure.

Congrats! I actually did 4 across Ohio state rides, but I was in my 30's at the time and all mine were shorter (TOSRV 210 mi 2 days & ROAM? @300 mi 5 days), so your accomplishment is definitely more noteworthy. I've been thinking of selling my road bike and buying a beater commuter bike, but reading your story makes me ask myself why not do it again? Thanks...

Last edited:
Fantastic ! Congratulations. That's a real achievement and sounds like it was alot of fun also (except for the rain, 40 degree temps and tornado warning !).

Impressive! I can't imagine riding that far. I have not been on a bike in years.

Congrats on your NC tour! NC is high on my list for my favorite bike touring. The Outer Banks ride is terrific. We leave in January for our next self contained tour. Our first ride outside of the USA. A little nervous about the unknown but looking forward to the adventure.
I do my 7 mile NC tour every other morning. :)

This morning was beautiful. A little cloudy and cold, upper 30's, but the leaves are just passing peak and with all the trees and color, it is breathtaking. Makes me glad I'm alive, and sad I'm still w*rking.

Very cool.

My dad rode a Ride the Rockies multi-day colorado ride twice. My brother rode it every year he could get in. (Entry by lottery.) I think he had 7 or 8 rides. He also added the Tour'D'Wyoming to his summer fun his last year.

It's a cool accomplishment. Good Job, BrdofPray!

Impressive! I can't imagine riding that far. I have not been on a bike in years.

+1

DD is an avid cyclist (good thing as she doesn't own a car) and has been trying to get me back on a bicycle for years. Maybe I'll pump up the tires...but even so, can't imagine going too far. When we lived in Germany in the late '90s, I did enjoy riding my bike into town to shop on nice days. But haven't used it much at all since then.

Congrats! That is great. I hope to do more riding starting this spring starting with the Virgina Creeper Rails to Trail in May.

Super. You are an inspiration to us all! While I shouldn't ride, I'll walk and extra mile tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom