Shielding income from taxes.

FinanceDude said:
Unless the prospectus is wrong, you need $2.5 million to get in. The ER is .99%, almost 1 percent on an insitutional fund that tries to roughly approximate the Russell 3000?

Too rich for my blood...........there's a LOT of tax-managed funds you can buy for less than .99% ER and $2,5 million to get in............ :LOL: :LOL:

I've seen 2.5 M as minimum and 1.5 M as minimum for loads to be waived... you can invest less with a load. I don't own this fund, but it is managed for the purpose of growing money with tax efficiency- it has not paid a gain out in 2+ years- and it has grown xx% (double digit) for last 3-4 years.

Not a good choice or bad choice, just something for OP to think about.

jIMOh said:
but it is managed for the purpose of growing money with tax efficiency- it has not paid a gain out in 2+ years- and it has grown xx% (double digit) for last 3-4 years.

I have not done a screen for this, but I would think a number of ETFs would fit that description also? If they are in the market, and hold low/no dividend paying stocks, that would do it. No?

'course, if the market goes negative XX% next year, the ETF (and maybe this fund) would also.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom