signing up for Medicare?

Thanks all. The letter I received is titled “Notice of Award”. I don’t see an obvious number. I guess I can wait on my card.

Thanks again
Murf

Check on your Social Security account or call Medicare if you want to have the #. My medicare agent got my # the same day my Medicare was approved and finished my Medicare sign up the same day as well (as we only have 3 days to spare until 65).

Thanks all! I found the number on the S.S. site.

Thanks again
Murf

I've finally reached the point where I'm in the process of selecting a Medicare supplement plan. I'm looking at the AARP UHC G plans and have a question. In my area they offer a standard G plan and a G + wellness plan. The cost for the G + wellness plan is actually $3/mo cheaper than the standard G plan, the premium listed states it includes ~$91 in discounts, the standard G plan only shows $4 in discounts. The G + wellness includes the gym membership and dental/vision benefits so the pricing doesn't make much sense to me. Is this just a one time discount and the premium will start going up in following years, above the standard G plan rate? Any idea how much more? I can see the G + wellness plan being worth a few dollars more but not ~$90/mo.

Last edited:
I've finally reached the point where I'm in the process of selecting a Medicare supplement plan. I'm looking at the AARP UHC G plans and have a question. In my area they offer a standard G plan and a G + wellness plan. The cost for the G + wellness plan is actually $3/mo cheaper than the standard G plan, the premium listed states it includes ~$91 in discounts, the standard G plan only shows $4 in discounts. The G + wellness includes the gym membership and dental/vision benefits so the pricing doesn't make much sense to me. Is this just a one time discount and the premium will start going up in following years, above the standard G plan rate? Any idea how much more? I can see the G + wellness plan being worth a few dollars more but not ~$90/mo.

I have seen pricing that doesn't compare well. I have called the company and asked "Why is the lower deductible cheaper?" Crickets and shrugs. I suspect pricing includes group experience. One group has sicker people. But I don't know this.

Those are new this year. We signed up last year for a Plan N and the plus options were not there, but we did have the benefits you mentioned. This year in our area I looked up to compare prices out of curiosity and noticed the plus plans were offered and a basic plan. Apparently they just kept us in the plus plan for the new year, which meant no changes for us. They paid $50 toward my eye exam. We have our own dental coverage. But if we wanted to save a few dollars, I could have switched. There wouldn’t be any medical underwriting since the medical part of the plan is the same.

Back
Top Bottom