Simple Accounting (Seniors)

We worked harder on the inflow. Prior to ER we consolidated many of our accounts. We dumped our stock broker, dumped our bank and their so called investment advisor, etc. Three reasons for it. First was to simplify and have one source for all the tax slips. Second was so that DW would have a simple slate should I fall off my perch. Third was that we were not happy with any of them on several levels.

One number to call, nothing to chase down, no head scratchers.

Did exactly the same with all personal issues including updating wills on a regular basis. Don't want to be like my BIL..having his spouse call around to see if they could get a lawyer to go to the hospital to do his will. I don't want to be one of those people....either in the hospital or without a will.

I had a bad experience once with autopay bills. I moved once and had my cable bill on autopay. Took me three months to get them to stop charging me and get my money back from them. I decided then I'd never put bills on autopay if I can help it.
I pay almost everything online if I can, but I initiate the payment.

+1
The reason for my original response on this thread. Had issues getting autopay to stop. Prefer to push - a few minutes each month with my AM coffee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom