Single M 61 seeking wisdom of the crowd

thomasjoseph

Confused about dryer sheets
I work in Technology and have no spouse or children. I'm expecting to retire sometime in 2023, although I may keep working in order to help pay for college for my nephews. I'm always looking to learn, especially from people in a situation similar to mine. I look forward to interacting with the community here and hope I can contribute something worthwhile.

Welcome! Some great people here and smart ones too.

Welcome to our wonderful forum, thomasjoseph!

Lots of knowledgeable, friendly folks here.

omni

Welcome to our wonderful forum. Hope to see you retired soon enough.

Welcome here and you will learn many things concerning retirement- just remember, we're all just peeps on the internet!!!

VW

welcome, and good on you for being a great uncle and brother.
Also, welcome to the class of 2023!

Last edited:
Welcome! Look forward to hearing more from you.

...although I may keep working in order to help pay for college for my nephews.
Welcome! I FIRED at 55 this year, which due to some health considerations (lack of stamina being foremost), I consider too late to be able to do all of the world travel and scuba diving I'd hoped to do. COVID-19 didn't help. While I think it's admiral for you to be willing to keep working to fund your nephews (singular or plural?) college education, I'd just like to point out that it may be at the cost of you being able to do what you'd really like to do in retirement. If you're okay with that, then go for it! If not, then maybe consider a middle-ground. Cheers!

Welcome! I FIRED at 55 this year, which due to some health considerations (lack of stamina being foremost), I consider too late to be able to do all of the world travel and scuba diving I'd hoped to do. COVID-19 didn't help. While I think it's admiral for you to be willing to keep working to fund your nephews (singular or plural?) college education, I'd just like to point out that it may be at the cost of you being able to do what you'd really like to do in retirement. If you're okay with that, then go for it! If not, then maybe consider a middle-ground. Cheers!

Adding my 2 cents to what HI Bill said about funding nephews' education: THEY can borrow for college/university. You can NOT borrow for retirement (well, some might say a reverse mortgage, but I wouldn't touch it unless there were no other choice.) My point is to set up your retirement and THEN see if there's some left over for nephews. As always, YMMV. Oh, and welcome to the forum. As you can see, we're happy to give advice, even if you don't ask for it.:blush::angel:

Back
Top Bottom