Six month countdown......

ChiliPepr

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi all,

I wrote my introduction post in February 2012. It looks like I will be a member of the class of 2019 and the start of my retirement will be July 1, 2019. My SO will hopefully join me at the start of 2020.

We purchased our retirement home about two years ago and own that outright.

We plan to sell our current home this spring/summer and should net about $500k. In addition to that we have $1.5mm in IRA/401k; $250k in Roth IRA and $1.8mm in after tax investments.

That should give us a hint over four million at retirement. Including health care our yearly expenses for the necessities is about $40-50k, and then another $30-40k for the fun stuff/travel. So even if it is around $100k a year that is only a 2.5% withdrawal rate. Looks like I will have to "Blow that Dough!"

I am looking forward to the new adventures.

Congrats!

6MM (6 more months) rather than OMY (1 more year) syndrom. :)

Congrats. I'm pretty jealous. :)
I've got 3 more years to go after starting a soft countdown a few years back and it's agony. :LOL:

It looks like I will be a member of the class of 2019 and the start of my retirement will be July 1, 2019. My SO will hopefully join me at the start of 2020....That should give us a hint over four million at retirement. Including health care our yearly expenses for the necessities is about $40-50k, and then another $30-40k for the fun stuff/travel. So even if it is around $100k a year that is only a 2.5% withdrawal rate. Looks like I will have to "Blow that Dough!" I am looking forward to the new adventures.
Why in the world are you waiting until July? You're financially well-prepared, and at 54, it's more than time to call it, given your financial preparedness! Retire in 2 weeks!

Why in the world are you waiting until July? You're financially well-prepared, and at 54, it's more than time to call it, given your financial preparedness! Retire in 2 weeks!

Have to agree. Money saved is completed, now it is all about time.
Had hernia surgery today. From time of injury, will be on the shelf 3 months not playing sports.
It is all about time now and one never knows about health.

I gave my company my word to stay until July 1st, and they told me they would give me a large chunk of cash if I do. Figured it was a fair trade.

Congratulations Chilipepper, I am excited for you. What part of the country will you be moving to or will you be moving close by where you currently live?

I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I do!

Congratulations. July sounds like a great month to retire. Be sure to check back in.

Back
Top Bottom