Smartphone permanently on silent

I use a different trick. I created a ringtone that has no sound and made that the default. Then for friends and family I made another couple of unique ringtones (one for friends and a very special one for the wife). Therefore when my phone rings and I hear it I know for certain it is call I want to take. If I don't hear it it's either someone who needs to leave a message (cause they need to get a hold of me) or more likely a wrong number/robocall and I don't even bother to look at the phone.

I like that - though I'd probably make the 'silent ringtone' something low volume and subtle.

I've also been in the position where I know I could get an emergency call at night, so total silent wouldn't work. And of course, an emergency can be totally unexpected. And sometimes those emergency calls come from a cell phone not on your list.

-ERD50

We should get the word out to middle aged moms who think its cool to turn the volume to max and receive text messages on their uber cool smart phone. Ding...ding....ding...awesome moms...you go girl!

Mine is always on silent, and it's usually in airplane mode. ....
I like the idea of being 'disconnected' when I'm away from home, and I don't want the phone actively alerting me of any incoming message. I guess some people would think that's weird.

I'm with you. Disconnected is a word that is fast disappearing from most folks' vocabulary.

Back
Top Bottom