Somehow I have been blind to my deteriorating house....

Now she's out of control! We ended up buying new carpet for our bedroom and addition... that brings my guy "crazy carpet bill' into the picture and that's always fun. Well...not really. he's a health freak who only works during the night hours, sleeps 3 or 4 hours a day, and does wierd yoga during daylight.

that means it is 1 a.m. and he is making custom transition strips on a table saw in my kitchen right now. every time i swear i will never use him again he surprises me with a ridiculously low bill...like for removing/replacing about 450 sf of carpet today, installing 20 sf of laminate flooring in an entryway, creating 3 custom oak transitions and a threshold for my rear door...he'll probably charge me $125. But I never know til he's done...i'll keep ya posted.

almost 3am and he's still here....im losing my mind....

I've got some wet rot behind the gutters. Old house and in need of a few repairs. I called one guy who is suppose to be good, a fireman who does repair work on the side. Well I called him about a month ago and he said he would do it. Then the very next week his daughter was killed in a car wreck. Poor guy, I doubt he will be in the mood to be doing much for a while. I'll probably wait until next spring pursue it.

almost 3am and he's still here....im losing my mind....
He's waiting for you to fall asleep.
The good news: You won't get a bill at all!
The bad news: You won't have a TV anymore. (Or, maybe that would be good news!)

He's waiting for you to fall asleep.
The good news: You won't get a bill at all!
The bad news: You won't have a TV anymore. (Or, maybe that would be good news!)

haha

i ended up retiring at 3:30....even though he needs 'prodding' every once in a while to keep him moving....the most simple things can hold him up. For example, his partner removed a solid switchplate from our floor (yes there's an outlet in the floor) and lost one of the screws. I swear he wandered around talking about the screw for 10 minutes....trying other screws he found,combing the carpet, scratching his a$$ til I reminded him that a switchplate AND screws costs about $.30 and not to worry about it. He still muttered about the screw for another half hour I think. It was so humorous as he beat himself up over the screw that my wife and I kinda played into it to see how much more time this shmuck would waste.

Anyhow the carpet looks wonderful, not exactly what *I* wanted but the wife got what she wanted. Now, the rest of the room looks bad....we added some BEAUTIFUL Pergo laminate for the entryway that looks REAL. I've never said that about a laminate....but it's awesome. So now the door looks bad....the baseboards aren't the best. And the room I just painted ALL white is TOO white with this beige-ish carpet.

Back
Top Bottom