Son just got let go...what to do next?

That is good news.
After 4 months, it was wise for him to take the offer.
After 6 months or more on the job, he can always look for something better, and will be in a better position by being employed.
Agree on both points. I wasn't really involved so I don't know if he widened the net after a couple months with no job, or if this is just when that job came up. I do know he was putting in a lot of apps, more than just what was required to collect UI.

UPDATE: my son called me this morning to tell me he has a job offer he's going to accept. It pays a little less than he was making, but it's related to his field of interest and education, so if he does well I think his prospects for moving up are good. Plus he's pretty sure he'll like it better. He'll have to move to a different part of the state, but I think he'll like it there.

That's great to hear that he got a job, and got one in his field of education. Sounds like this was a blessing in disguise, even if he's temporarily making a bit less money.

I spent the day with him today, he was very excited about the new job, the company, and moving to a new place.

A new job and a new location is exciting. I wish him well. Hopefully he’s not too far away so you’ll be able to catch up in person from time to time.

A new job and a new location is exciting. I wish him well. Hopefully he’s not too far away so you’ll be able to catch up in person from time to time.
About 2.5 hours. His old place was an hour away, so he'd come for a ski day or I'd go up there for an afternoon or evening, but it'll still work for weekends. I think he'll have a lot of 4 days work weeks too. Can't remember exactly what he said about that.

Happy news for the holidays! Good for him.

Hehe, when I moved it was 2000 miles.

Back
Top Bottom