Spring

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Tomorrow.
Two days ago, 4 inches of snow. Yesterday... all gone.
All winter, chipping sparrows have been keeping us company... Feeders in front and back of the house.
Last night... before sundown...
Honest... you couldn't make this up. Looked out back.

First time since Fall...
four raven
flock of pigeons
male and female cardinal
pair of geese flew over
a small hawk
and the first robin, to top it off.

Now... the wait to find out if our hummers will find their way back from Panama again this year.

Plus... 2 silly bunnies... looking well fed, and exuberantly happy and doing jump overs.

It's not like we just noticed them all, 'cuz we look out at the sparrows every day.

A day early because I don't think they pay attention to Daylight Savings time.

It's going to be a Great Year. :dance:

Last edited:
Only 60 degrees today. Can't wait for the 80's to come back this weekend.

I hope the forecasts are correct! If so, then tomorrow's high of 67 will be the lowest in the foreseeable future according to the attached predictions.

Love the warmer weather; to me, highs in the 70's and 80's are simply perfect. Today's high was 73F.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 21
Yeah it's time. Long winter with a lot of much needed snow. There is much left to melt but it's starting. A whopping 50° today, highs in the 40s all next week. I think the snow in front of our house will still be there in late May; there's many feet of compressed snow out there.

I see the geese are wandering around the roads looking for food in the new snow free land. They don't respect cars at all. Soon some normally dry areas will be flooded. It's pretty amazing how much water can run through places.

Lakes are starting to thaw and folks are fishing. There's a swan that left its shallow lake last fall, hopefully it's coming back.

Wr2, the 3 days we were in New Orleans it was in the high 70’s and I got overheated twice:))

Skied today and am going again tomorrow. Spring will come, but still enjoying winters bounty of snow for now. It was 43 degrees here today.

Today we were out for a drive and got to enjoy SoCal’s Super Bloom. I have never seen anything like it, and the day’s intermittent rain showers ought to help the beauty last.

Back
Top Bottom