SS and Wine

I dunno about SS, but some wine bottles just turn into vinegar if you age them. I dunno...
Only if you don't expose them to heat (streaks on the cork), light (use dark bottles, if red wine), and "impurities" (like the government using SS funds for things other than SS :angel: ).

And if it turns to vinegar? If it's from Modena (Italy), the vinegar is valued more than the wine it came from (assuming it has been aged properly) :LOL: ...

Modena balsamic vinegar may be aged for longer than 25 years and sold in little fancy bottles, and costs as much as perfume. I just priced one such bottle of 0.1L or 3.4-fl.oz. on the Internet at $190. I don't know about trying something like that, but I need to remind myself that before I croak, I have to step up a bit from the imitation industrially produced balsamic vinegar that I use for routine cooking.

Talk about aging wine and vinegar for enhancement like the above might just induce the extreme delayed-gratification types to want to age their SS even beyond the age of 70 if the benefit would keep increasing. Yes, delay it until you are 90, and you will get a whole lot more.:rolleyes: Why doesn't the SS administration allow that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom